Childrens Faith Formation
Acknowledging parents as the primary educators of their children, we, the staff and volunteers, offer a partnership in echoing the Catholic faith for children. In order to assist parents and guardians, we promise:
- To promote an environment of hospitality and Christian love
- To provide a curriculum based on the guidelines established by the Diocese of Joliet and the principles of the National Catechetical Directory established by the U.S. Catholic bishops.
- To provide teaching methods conducive to child development so that children can be engaged in active faith formation
- To engage students in their own faith formation
- To prepare catechists in their faith formation
In accordance with the Diocese of Joliet, St. Walter CFF uses textbooks that are found to be in conformity with the Catechism of the Catholic Church.
*** I am Special, Our Sunday Visitor
Kindergarten - Grade 6
*** We Believe, Sadler
Confirmation - Level One
*** Chosen, (Year One) Ascension Press
Confirmation - Level Two
*** Chosen, (Year Two) Ascension Press